Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Dear Lucy

Dear Lucy,

I adore you. I literally love you more every single day. You are growing so incredibly fast. Too fast. I feel like I'm missing it. I feel like I'm missing you. You are almost 12 weeks old already. You've almost been in our family for 3 whole months. It's been a crazy beautiful 3 months. We've had a rough go at things but we are starting to get into the swing of it. All 4 of us.

You have colic and it is the worst. You cry and cry and cry. I cry and cry and cry because I can't help you. I hold you so tight and just cry and tell you how much you are loved. I cannot tell you how many nights our tears mix as my cheek is against your squishy little cheek and I just walk around with you in my arms. There are nights when I feel like I just can't. And then Daddy is there. He is always there. We love you so intensely. It's been a growing love.

With every smile from you, I feel closer and closer to you. You make lots of eye contact now and just want to be with me. You are happy if you are in my arms. I try my hardest to hold you as much as I possibly can while still giving time and love to your big sister.

I just wanted to write to you to tell you how much I love you. You are sound asleep next to me as I write this. Your little hands are up above your head and you look so cozy and peaceful. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you in peace with no pain. I just want you to be happy. Always.

I love you, Lulu. So so much.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment