Monday, May 19, 2014

Bedtime Giggles (Memory)

Being Lillian's mommy is seriously the best thing that has ever happened to me.
She is the best thing that has ever happened to us. I don't even know how many times a day I get text messages from Matt saying, "Oh man. I love her." We are just so in love with her.

Tonight (minutes ago), I was putting her down for bed. I did her usual bedtime routine: nursed, dinner, (skipped bath), story (tonight it was Mommy & Daddy's Alaskan Disney Cruise), lights off/noise on, jammies/diaper change, nurse/songs, swaddle, hugs/kisses and then I lay her down in her crib.

Well, tonight when I had her all swaddled on our bed, she had her fingers already and was falling asleep and I just loved her so much so I gave her a hug with my head on her tummy. Right away, fingers still in her mouth and eyes almost closed, she started giggling little quiet belly laughs. It was the best sound. I love when she belly laughs, but to know it was from me hugging her and she was just so happy and falling asleep was the best. So then I gave her a big kiss on her tummy and she giggled again. So then I just kept doing it and she was falling asleep while giggling from all the hugs and kisses. Ah, so cute!!  

I told her how much I love her and I think she really knew. She went down in her crib just so happy with a little half smile on her face. I didn't want to let her go. I gave her a big squeeze before laying her down and she had her head on my shoulder. 

I seriously cannot describe how much I love her and how much I soak up moments like that with her. 
She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She really is my sunshine. 

.................

I love you, Lilly Belle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment