Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dear Lilly Belle

Dear Lilly Belle,

I have not wrote you a letter in a long time and you are growing so fast! Every single day, you amaze me with something new. Your new favorite word to say is, Ariel, and you love to give Daddy high fives and "pound it." You even say, "Pshhh!" It's pretty adorable. You like to sing, The Wheels on the Bus, and can do most of the motions. You are still only 14 months old...you're amazing. Tonight after dinner, we had a rare time together. Usually after dinner we put you immediately into the bath tub as you usually have a ton of food in your long hair. Tonight, you were oddly clean, so we skipped bath and played instead while Daddy watched a World Series game. You had a peg board and hammer that you were playing with. You would push all the pegs in with your thumb one at a time, and then flip the board over to start again. You did this for a good 10 minutes before you started to take them out and hand them all to me as a game instead. You would take one out, look at me and say, "there you goooo." You said it so clearly. We played for 20 minutes before you got up and walked towards your room saying, "Ni-Night." So...we put on your jammies and I nursed you before bed.

I really just cannot believe how big you are getting. This afternoon was the first time I noticed that you felt your feelings were hurt. We were at the Disney Store and you were playing in the play area with the big screen. There were lots of kids playing. You kept walking over to the touch screen to push the song selector. Another little girl who was probably 2.5, did not want you touching it and kept saying, "NO," to you. After she did that maybe twice with you not understanding, she pushed you a bit. Her mommy was on her phone and didn't really stop her. Then, she did it to you again. I was standing there all the while next to you, but wanted to let you try to work it out. The little girls mommy didn't do anything really once again but this time...your eyes went down, your lip began to turn into a full frown and then the tears started coming down. It wasn't a loud cry or even a scream or anger or any of that, it was pure sadness. You walked into my arms as I knelt down to you and you just curled up and cried. A mom behind me said, "Oh, your daughter is just too sweet, that was so sad. She is precious!" The mom of the little girl who pushed you apologized a bit and then they left. I really do think that you felt your feelings hurt because you just wanted to play by that little girl. I hurt for you and was so sad for you.

I will always be there for you when your feelings are hurt or when you are hurt in any way. I never want to see you hurting. The woman sitting near us was right. You really are so sweet and so precious. You have a big heart like your Daddy.

I am going to go to bed now as it is late and Daddy is going to be doing his homework longer than I thought. I just wanted you to have this letter. I don't want to forget these moments. I know there will come a day when you won't be so little cuddling into my arms. I soak up every single one of those cuddles. I love you so so much, my Lilly Belle! And remember, I'll always be there for you!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Your letters are so sweet! I can't believe how much she's talking! so big... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) She is quite the little chatterbox! I'll have to try to post a video of her talking soon. Thinking about you all the time!!! xoxo

      Delete