Monday, July 23, 2012

Matt's 26th Birthday Weekend!

We had a great weekend celebrating Matt's 26th Birthday.
He hates his birthday because he freaks out getting older, but we had a really fun weekend together with family and friends (dance team mom friends).

Friday night we went out to see The Dark Knight Rises with Matt's parents. 
It was fun spending time with them. 
I was hesitant about going out to the movies on Friday night but it was a fun night and the movie was great! I recommend it. Make sure you see the first two before going. Matt had me watch them last week so I was all caught up. I watched them while prepping Mel's Shower :) I don't have any pictures from Friday night or Saturday (Matt's actual birthday) but I still wanted to write about it to remember. 

Saturday, we slept in and just chilled all morning. 
Matt got two of the video games he's been wanting for a while and then we grilled out steaks and I made him an Angel Food Cake with strawberries, cool whip & vanilla ice cream. 
We were going to go mini golfing after but then we pulled into the parking lot and Matt pulled the "it's my birthday" card and....we drove off to The Landing to see..."Ted!"

And...I loved it lol.
It was hilarious. There was like no one in the theater so it was fun to feel like we were dating :)
Matt loved the movie, I loved the movie, it was fun.
We got home at 12:30am and had to pass out because we had a big day on Sunday.

WILD WAVES...finally!
We've been wanting to go since we moved here 3.5 years ago.
We took my dance team kids (the older girls) and it was such a fun day.
We got home last night and kept saying to each other, "that was a fun day!" 
I was surprised at how much fun Matt had. I thought he would not like it as much because we were with all the kids but he really did have a good time and I was so glad.
We spent most of our day with my dance mom, Jennifer, who also loves Disneyland. Lots to talk about :)

 We love being on rides together!

(we got photo bombed lol)


Cogsy missed us so much and this is where we found him, it was so hard to put him to bed in his crate. He's so cuddly :)

I've been absent from bloggyland. Craziest summer of my life. I cannot wait for it to just be over. The Fall cannot come soon enough. 5 camps left. 24 more days at camp. Just 20 of those days are all day long. Saying it like that makes it feel so much better. Saying 5 weeks sounds impossible. This weeks camp is "Dancing Around the World." Today we had Country Line Dancing Day. Matt came to help for an hour at the end of the day and was cracking up saying my Wisconsin definitely came out. I kept having to ask him to stop laughing because the kids thought he was laughing at them lol. We did "Achy Breaky Heart" lol. Tomorrow...Hula!! (I have a teacher coming in...I don't hula). 

Time to go to bed.
I am already counting down until the weekend. I'm not used to doing that with my job. I usually love my job.

I'm so glad Matt had a good birthday weekend :) We needed a fun weekend together like that. Lots of silliness  :) 

-Chelsea-

No comments:

Post a Comment