Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Lots of Pain

I just realized I haven't blogged in 11 days. Oops.
I've been a busy girl. 

I wasn't able to take my 27 week picture because I was in Wisconsin enjoying a wonderful weekend with my family and friends. I will blog about that soon. Maybe even tonight! My shower was beautiful and perfect. Thanks, Mom : )

I do have a pregnancy/Chelsea update that I feel needs to be written about.
I have been in extreme pain for the past 2-3 weeks. I thought it was my groin, that was the only way I could describe it. I thought I pulled a muscle. It got to the point starting on Wednesday that I couldn't walk or even sit without being in pain. Sleeping...yeah, that's been even more fun. No, not really. 

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday (Hello, 3rd Trimester!) My midwife referred me to a physical therapist as our first way to try to fix this pain. I went this morning and seriously, Dr. Gary is Jesus. No, not really. But I did come home running into our living room pretending to be an old southern black woman who was just healed at church. "Oh thank you Jesus I've been healed!"Ha, Matt did actually join in on the hallelujah dance with me and we had an awesome few minutes of pretending to be awesome old black people who just got healed (by Dr. Gary) at a church down south lol. (No, I am not racist, ha. I have family members including siblings who are black, I'm allowed to be silly like this. Yep.) Oh Lilly, are you ready for your mom & dad? Will you join in on our silliness or look at us like we are so annoying? Both? (This was not the first time Matt danced around the living room this morning...before I left he was doing some weird tribal happy dance in excitement over the new xBox announcement today. Oh, brother.)

I digress...

Went to the physical therapist this morning and found out that all my pain is coming from my right hip being rotated forward, one inch higher than my left and two inches more forward than my left. My pubic bones were also an inch off from each other. He said it has probably been like this for a long time but is just now starting to really cause me pain as my body is growing (Lilly is growing) and all my ligaments and everything are more stretched out. I also have a strained right hamstring. 

So, he said 4-5 days of no physical activity. I explained that I had a class just an hour later. He asked if I could teach it without actually dancing. 

I tried. They are 3-4 year olds so I still had to do about half of what I usually do. I'm in pain again. 

I go back on Thursday morning.
In the meantime, I'm trying really hard to get subs for this week (tomorrow and Thursday) and then we're off to Sunriver! 

Cross your fingers that this goes away and that I can finish out this quarter...after Sunriver there are just 3 weeks left.



No comments:

Post a Comment