Saturday, April 30, 2016

Ratatouille: Dinner Not the Movie

As part of our new savings plan, we have been making more vegetarian meals and it's been fun to try some new foods! I was so proud of both Matt and Lilly Belle with our latest dining adventure...Ratatouille.

The original plan was to have Lilly Belle watch the movie and then help me make the dish so that she would be more excited to try it. I thought we owned the movie, but I was wrong...and then I got a little bit more nervous about making it for dinner.

We have been working really hard at dinner time with having Lilly Belle try new foods and having her eat what we're eating. To help with this, she helps me make dinner. It has been a lot of fun and a bit of a transition for our family. Usually Matt cooks and makes us dinner. With his current job, it just isn't realistic anymore with Lilly Belle's 7pm bedtime. She gets so excited to help me with dinner and it has been helping with having her try new food.

So...Ratatouille.

It was the perfect dish to have her help me with. Different textures of food, colors, and we made lots of circles!

Here is the recipe we followed: Ratatouille


It was our first time trying Eggplant so I let Lilly Belle hold it and ask questions for a bit before I sliced it. 



It was a great recipe for her to help with. I let her put them all in. It taught her patterns too: eggplant, onion, tomato, zucchini, eggplant, onion, tomato, zucchini...





It was a delicious meal. Matt ate most of his and Lilly Belle ate all of her zucchini and even some of her onions. We also made a Caesar Salad and she ate some of that as well. I was proud of Matt for eating the eggplant (he doesn't like it) and Lilly Belle has never tried zucchini before and she gobbled it up. We will be making this again. Yum and so fresh!


 photo signature_zpsbq1qmfdi.png

No comments:

Post a Comment