Thursday, November 22, 2012

So Thankful, Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
First and most of all, I am thankful for my husband. He has stuck by my side through the hardest and best of times. We have been through a lot together these past 4 1/2 years and I would not change any of it. He always knows just how to make me feel better. I have been going through a bit of a challenging time lately (not ready to blog about it) and I could not imagine anyone being able to take care of me better than Matt can. He always knows when I just need a hug, when I need to laugh or when I just need to be able to cry. He really is the best husband. I'm thankful that he loves me for exactly who I am. I can belt out singing, freak out like...well, a freak, move all of our furniture around to dance at 2am, spend way too much money at Target and shrink all of his clothes and still...he loves me so so much. I feel so lucky that he lets me be me. I know not everyone gets to have that, even when they're married and I don't take it for granted. I am just really thankful that I get to be his wife.


I am thankful for my dance studio. I am thankful that my dream came true and that I get to work with the most amazing families and kids everyday. I have the most supportive dance moms. I am thankful that they also let me be me. They have all stuck by my side while I try to figure out how to run my business, the studio and coach the team. Some of my families have been with me now since day 1. I love knowing that I get to see all of these kids grow up and be such a big part of their lives. I love these kids more and more every single day. We spend a lot of time together and I wouldn't mind spending even more :) I have the greatest group of kids. Two of my 12 year old girls told me a while back that I'm like their second mom. I don't think they realized how much that really meant to me. I love them just as much, if not more. I am so thankful for having all of them in my life. They are always making me laugh and have made me so incredibly proud to be their teacher.



I am thankful that because of the studio and our program, we are able to have a roof over our heads and food on the table without any worries anymore. We have been able to start saving and Matt and my siblings are going to have a great Christmas and I am so so so thankful for that. 

This may be silly, but I am thankful that we have the best dog in the whole world. Matt and I were talking the other night and agree that Cogsy definitely can feel my mood and knows what to do. Lately, he has been super in tune to knowing when I'm sad and he's the best little cuddle bug in the whole world. All he ever wants to do is just love us and I can't imagine not having him in this time right now. I need him just as much as he needs me. I have never felt close to a pet like that before. 



I am thankful for our families and how close we both are to them. I am thankful that they too have been super supportive. We have some amazing parents that are always teaching us everyday. Between the four of them, I am really thankful for all they have taught me and how it has shaped me to be who I am today. Because of them, we will be better parents one day. And because of them, we know how to love and be loved. We know how to treat each other and how not to treat each other. Both sets of our parents are so in love still and that is so rare to find anymore. I am truly thankful for that. 

I am thankful for my friends, new and old. For my friendship with Katie that has grown to be an amazing one and my new friendship I have found with Alex. I can talk to Katie about anything and everything anytime of the day and I always know that she really truly cares. Alex and I could hang out at the studio until midnight just talking (sometimes it gets close) and I love that so much. I am thankful that I have been keeping in touch with my childhood friends, whether that be quick texts here and there or phone calls. 




I am thankful that Matt and I got to spend some amazing time together on 5 incredible trips this year.  We visited Vancouver, Seabrook, Alaska, Whistler and Disneyland. And we'll get to have one more amazing journey before 2012 is over while we enjoy a road trip together to Wisconsin for Christmas. That's not bad for one year. We're getting as many in there as we can. We got a lot of places checked off our list and in doing so we created some pretty amazing memories. I am so thankful for that alone time spent with Matt. Those are really times I will never never forget. 



Okay, I'm getting super emotional now. Time to go to bed. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am thankful that I will get to spend the day with Matt and our Washington family. I'm excited to play with Clare, Caitlin & Quenton :) I miss getting to spend lots of time with them so tomorrow will be fun.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
-Chelsea-

No comments:

Post a Comment