Friday, September 19, 2014

Little Mommy

For the first time, Lilly Belle was interested in take care of her babies. 
I melted.
She always holds them and kind of moves them around in her tent, but she has never "played" with them before and so when she did, all on her own, without any of my guidance, it was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen.

She picked up her baby Stella doll and gave the baby doll it's paci. Then she picked it up and walked over to me with it to hand it to me saying, "Shh Shh Shh" So I held it like she wanted me to and said, "Shh Shh Shh." I asked her, "Is your baby going nigh-night?" And she then, all on her own, started to rub her dolls hair and continue to say, "Shh Shh Shh." Then she walked back over to her tent to grab another baby. She did the same thing, handing it to me so I could rock the baby while she rubbed their hair. "Gentle rubs" - just like we've been trying to teach her with Cogsy ;) Then...I just turned to a puddle when she went in her tent, grabbed a blankie, put it on the dolls that I was now sshhh-ing and rocking for her and she put the blankie on them and said, "Nigh-Night Bah-Bay." 

She then wanted me to put the dolls in her doll bed. I thought that was so sweet, too. So, I helped her put them in her doll bed. I thought she would continue to rub their heads and put blankies on but...nope, reality check mommy - she's still 13 months old ;) She then crawled in with them of course...

Oh sweet girl. I love her so much.
One day. One day not anytime soon, she will be a great big sister. 
Until then though, she is still my sweet little baby.







No comments:

Post a Comment