Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Social:: Dreaming of Fall!

It has been so long since I have done a blog link-up and now that fall is just around the corner (my absolute favorite season) I really wanted to jump in on this one.

Sunday Social

Before I start, I need to write about today.
Matt and I are having the most productive day!
We stayed up late last night watching "Bridesmaids" on Matt's iPad in bed and I thought for sure I wouldn't wake up until 11am today (I'm good at that). Nope...we were both up by 9am and out of the door to go on a nice long walk with Cogsy around our neighborhood by 10am. We loved it and Cogsy loved it. That's two walks in two days Yay :) 
Then we came home, and got some major work done! 
Sent out an email announcing the studio to every single family I've ever taught. 1,000 emails just went out and I'm hoping that means people will start registering for September :) I needed Matt's help on that and he helped me without me even having to nudge him about it. *sigh*
Then it was Costco for lunch, checked the PO Box (nothing--*sigh*) and grabbed our tennis rackets out of the storage unit. 
I'm so excited!!! After dinner we're going to play tennis together. We've wanted to do this for so long and today Matt asked me and I jumped on it! He has re-jumpstarted his want to win this diet bet and I love his new found motivation, makes me the happiest wife in the whole universe! 

Now.....onto my awesome blog all about my favorite thing ever....(except for Matt, dance & babies)....FALL!! 

What is your favorite fall activity?
When I think of Fall, I think of how amazing it is where we live. It's so freakin' beautiful here in the Fall. I also think of three things...college football, Ben Franklin & Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Eeee I'm getting so excited for September. It makes me giddy! When Fall starts, Matt lets me go to Ben Franklin as much as I want and I craft away like a mad woman. (He loves that he gets to watch football without me bugging him). AND, I get to make a bajillion crafts. I also love cooking in the Fall. We're going to get fat. Bring on the chili and cornbread!! I also love pumpkin picking, our Issaquah Salmon Days Festival and parade which my girls will be in this year, Halloween & our party and Thanksgiving. YAy!!! We're so close now. 

Do you follow a football team, if so which one and why?
Well...I am a Packers fan. My Dad would kill me if I didn't say that. So, NFL...Packers, college football Matt would kill me if I didn't say Cal. Even though I know absolutely nothing about either really. We have agreed our kids will be brought up liking the same. Matt doesn't care about NFL really. Just college football. I do love hanging out with his family during football season though. Last year I learned a little bit more. Maybe this year I'll finally get it and can pay attention through a whole game. Hmm...yeah, probably not. I just like making crafts. YAY..I am seriously on a weird high because I'm so happy writing about this lol.

What is something fun about fall in your area?
Salmon Days Festival! Parade and the streets are filled with vendors. Lots of crafts and art and fun stuff. I love it so much! This year I would also like to go pumpkin picking and apple picking. And just taking walks here in the fall is the best. I love Seattle in the fall. We live in such a beautiful place. 

What are you favorite fall outfit staples?
I love scarves, boots, long sweaters & leggings. I love carmel colored riding boots and my black riding boots. I wish I could start wearing that now!  


What things are you looking forward to most about this coming fall season?
Hmmm....lots! Pumpkin Spice Lattes & our Alaskan Disney Cruise start it off, followed by the grand opening of our studio (actually those happen at the same time...I'm missing the first week of classes but have it fully covered). Then Whistler and Marie is taking me to an amazing spa....Eeee!!! And we're going zip lining!! I'm excited for our 2nd Annual Fall Feast Family Fun Day. I am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving at Mel & Clint's new house and helping her cook everything. And, I'm excited about getting a car!! (finally!)
(Honda CR-V)

(Ketchikan, Alaska)


(Scandinave Spa, Whistler)


What is your favorite fall holiday? Traditions?
Halloween for sure! I love pumpkin carving. I love eating anything pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin muffins....mmmm! I eat pumpkin bread at Starbucks year 'round. I love our Fall Feast Family Fun Day and am excited about having our friends Chris & Katie come this time and also one of our new instructors and her husband, Alex & Matt. I love cooking for everyone :) 

We're grilling some yummy burgers tonight that we got from this month's meal swap. I'm going to grill them on our griddle. :) 

Happy Sunday!




1 comment:

  1. that alaskan cruise sounds amaizingly fun! enjoy :)

    i love PSlattes too!

    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete