Saturday, August 18, 2012

Surprise Night in Suncadia!

Yesterday was my last day of full-day dance camps for the summer.
Matt's parents are spending the weekend in Suncadia and invited us to come down for the night to hang out since it's just an hour away. 
I was in the middle of my camp kids putting on a musical (literally, mid-show) and Matt came up to me and said, "how much longer is the show? I made plans and have a surprise."
Say what?! I am always the one making plans. How cool!! 
After the show, Matt didn't tell me until we got in the car where we were going and I was so excited!

I went home and grabbed my swim suit and shaved my legs as fast as humanly possible and we were off. We got there and immediately we felt like we were in Sunriver again. *sigh* so relaxing!
We went swimming with Matt's parents, took a nice little walk and then they took us to dinner. It was a beautiful restaurant with some amazing mountain views next to us. Matt had steak and I had the best meal I've had in a really really long time. BBQ chicken and macaroni and cheese....deep fried...then dipped in honey! Holy yum! My mouth is watering writing about it. I want to make mac and cheese with honey. Never would have thought about that but it was so delicious. 


{to think this is just one hour from our front door...}


{the kids, before dinner/after swimming}

{mom & dad}


It was so nice of them to have us over during their vacation and to take us to dinner. 
It was such a surprise night and was so nice after the crazy summer I've had. : ) 

Matt and I can't wait to take a trip there. We are so pumped that it's just an hour from our house...literally! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today we've played tennis, went to the outlets to window shop for the cruise, visited Snoqualmie Falls and have a mean Yahtzee tournament going (I'm champion 2 for 2). We're making burgers now and then we're going to have a Kinect Sports battle. Maybe I can get Matt to play Dance Central with me too ; )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never blogged about it, but I have some cute pictures. A few weekends ago we went to the zoo for Marie's company picnic. It was a lot of fun!

{elephants are my favorite animal}


{it was fun to see the kids, we don't get to see them much anymore}


Just 15 days until we get to board our Disney Cruise! And 1 month until Whistler!
Exciting stuff :)

-Chelsea-

No comments:

Post a Comment