Wednesday, August 8, 2012

This Week.

Hardest camp of the summer.
Lots of "interesting" personalities with this group that are not quite working out. 
Today I had to split them in two groups...kids who will dance & kids who prefer to sit out on the side, cry all day or like to yell at me and other children. Yikes. 
Matt is convinced we will be the best parents ever one day, simply from making it through the past 3 days. Punishment this week has been..."Now you have to go sit with Mr. Matt while we play games!"
*side note: we fully realize instructing a summer dance camp is not the same as parenting.*

24 days until our First Anniversary (wow that went fast!) and 25 until we leave for our Alaskan Disney Cruise! Matt has been doing his research and I am certain we will have an amazing time every second of those 7 days. 

Just 12 more camp days. 2 of those being full dance days (9-4). 5 being preparing a group of 23 kids for a musical in just 5 days (I love a good musical!). 5 days just half days with 4-6 year olds playing Pirates and Princesses all morning. 
It's safe to say...I got this! 

Monday night after practice we went out and played tennis again :) We had to take the night off last night because my arm and wrist hurt too much...and tonight we took off because I just can't get off the couch. I want to go play again tomorrow night after practice though. We found some awesome courts in our neighborhood with lights so we can play late and we have so much fun. I want it to get warm again so we can go swimming again.

I don't have anything too exciting to blog about lately, but I like writing.
I haven't been making it up late enough to watch the Olympics...sad :( I've been so tired this summer!
I fell asleep the other night sitting up in bed with my journal in my lap and a pen in my hand. Matt said he took the pen from my hand and put my journal away and my hand never moved and I never woke up. He also said I've been grinding my teeth at night more than ever...I'm ready for summer to be over. Never ever will I have to be this stressed out again. 
Well wait...never ever will I have to teach this many hours ever again. 
It's just too much. 

I'm going to go have a glass of wine...
-Chelsea-



No comments:

Post a Comment