Sunday, September 30, 2012

Calm Before the Storm

I soaked up every calm minute of today.
I took in every second knowing in the back of my mind all the things I should be doing for work.

I pushed it all away and just enjoyed the day.
At the end of the day, they are just dance classes.
Life will go on if I don't answer emails on a Sunday.

(I did spend the morning interviewing a new teacher)...but after, the day was all ours!
We went to Ikea to walk around scoping out fun new things for the studio (gah..that's kind of working) and for our apartment. We had lunch there too. Mmm I love Ikea's food lol. Matt's not the biggest fan, so it was a treat that he agreed to eat there. The Almond Cake is my fav-or-ite! I downed it :) Matt didn't even ask for a bite because he knows it's my favorite. I offered...he just let me enjoy. 

After Ikea, we took a stroll around Target and got the things we needed for dinner. 
We tried a new Pinterest recipe tonight and cooked together. I love when we do that!
It was Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken with a Soy Honey Garlic sauce. We made egg noodles, zucchini and mushrooms to go with it. So so yum and Matt has leftovers for 2 days now :) I am now enjoying a glass of wine...mmmm and we're watching football. Feels like fall. My favorite.

This morning I also tried out another Pinterest DIY. Writing on mugs with a Sharpie and baking them. Turned out so cool! 

Tomorrow I start an in-sane week. 20 classes for the week. 
I've never taught that many. I've maxed out at 18.
One of my instructors is really sick so I have to take her classes.

I'm only a little worried. I have gotten some great candidates this weekend that I have phone interviewed already and that I can't wait to meet. My goal is that by the end of October I'm only teaching 15 classes/week. Next quarter...10! No matter what! Maybe less :) 

Today Matt also got "What to Expect When You're Expecting" for me from Redbox and I watched it already. I plan on watching it again before I go to bed too. I LOVE that movie! I was cracking up and bawling and then cracking up again :) 

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my wine now...
-Chelsea- 

No comments:

Post a Comment