Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy.

My favorite times with Lilly are morning and bath time. 
Last night our sweet girl had a 6 hour stretch of sleep! She has never done that before. She is 7 weeks old today and definitely showing us in so many ways that she is growing so much. 

This morning she has been so happy. I got a ton of smiles out of her and even got a good one on camera! She snuggled with Matt after I fed her and she has not been too thrilled about doing that lately. It was perfect. We had to give her her medicine this morning this morning and she didn't even cry. She's funny with it though, she has learned how to spit, almost like blowing bubbles, to get it out of her mouth. Matt and I try so hard not to laugh. 

We slept until 10:30am with her today. Last night she had 6-hour, 3-hour then 4-hour stretches of sleep! Matt and I are feeling weird today, almost like we had TOO much sleep lol. We both actually had dreams last night. I don't remember the last time that I've had a dream! Matt thinks I'm such a nerd because my dreams all last night were that Toby from Pretty Little Liars was my boyfriend lol! I'm obsessed with that show! Today is the perfect Fall day. Football is on, crockpot meal is in and today my plans are to play with Lilly Belle, clean and craft. Doesn't get better than that. (I may even throw in some Pretty Little Liars...that makes it better yet!). 

I've been working a ton lately (mostly all for the team -- about 6 hours a day just for the team) so it's so nice to have today off to just be with my family. I needed this. I love being a mommy and I love that we are a family of three now. Life is good. Matt's going for a run again today, it will be the 4th day in a row. I'm so proud of him! 

And I will end this post with some fun recent pictures...

Lilly fell asleep in my lap while I was reading her stories. 

 I took Lilly to my 6-week appt and Matt decided to stay home. I asked him before I left if her diaper bag was all packed (I was rushing around trying to get her and I ready and get out the door on time) he said, "Yep, you're good." So... I go to the appointment. I fed her when I arrived and found I had no burp cloth. She had the cutest outfit on to meet Lori. She spit up ALL over it (this was pre-medicine), and then spit up ALL over the nurse who babysat her. I go to the diaper bag to get an extra outfit and this is what Matt had packed...a hoodie. So, we (Lori and I) took a pair of pants that were in the bag and put them under the hoodie so the zipper wouldn't hurt her. She looked like a boy lol. Lori thought it was hilarious, me...not so much. I was embarrassed that I looked so unprepared so, "first time mom". So, I went down to the boutique and bought Lilly this amazing headband :) All better. 

Notice the pants poking out of her hoodie lol.

Super smiley girl after her 13 hours of beauty rest last night! She loves watching football with her daddy. It was the Packer game so even better ; ) 



2 comments: