Friday, September 6, 2013

Lilly Belle: One Month

ONE MONTH OLD

Really? A month already? Time is just flying by. I want it to stop, stand still and keep going all at the same time. I already miss how teeny she was a month ago, I'm absolutely in love with how she is this very second and I'm so looking forward to what she'll do next! 

"Mommy, really...we don't need anymore pictures."

"I refuse to take any more..."

"Enough, mommy, enough!"

"Okay, fine. If I give you this adorable little smirk will you stop?"

Here is what is new with our sweet Lilly Belle

Weight: 8 lbs. 11 oz. as of her one month birthday. I took her in just to have her weighed. I thought for sure she was going to weigh more than that, but that means she has gained just over 2 lbs. in one month. She still weighs a lot less than Matt did when he was born, lol.

Health: Lilly has had no health problems in her first month and we are so thankful and know we are blessed for that. She spits up a lot and I think she has a sensitive tummy, but it doesn't bother her to spit up. As our pediatrician said, it's more of a laundry problem than anything. Can't complain about that.

Sleep: Little Miss usually wakes up every two hours to eat. If we have a stretch longer than that, it's never more than 2.5 or 3 hours. During the day she might do a 3 hour stretch, especially if we're in the car. For the most part though, I can count on feeding her every two hours 24 hours a day.

Social: She still sleeps a ton so she doesn't have enough awake time to be "social". We have moments where she is super alert and she just likes to look around. After we wash her hair is when she makes the most eye contact because she's so relaxed.

Diet: Breast milk, breast milk & more breast milk. My favorite thing right now is the little noises she makes while she is eating, it's like "mm. mm. mm. mm...." in her sweet little baby voice. It's the best. Girlfriend can chug milk like crazy. She makes the "glug, glug, glug...." sound while she eats and I'm always rubbing her face gently telling her to slow down. It's like she thinks she's going to have to share her food and needs to get it down as fast as she can. Which then in turn ends up with her spitting a ton of it back up. This past week, she has been spitting up a lot less and I'm really thankful for that. She had it come out of her nose twice and it's so sad. I hate seeing my baby in any kind of discomfort.

Clothes: She can still fit into a few of her newborn onesies and pajamas. Okay, actually just one onesie and one pair of pajamas. The rest of her clothes are all 0-3 or 3 months now. 3 months in Carters and 0-3 months everything else. She is wearing a size 1 diaper now, too. The newborn ones are way too small.

Baby Gear Love: She loves her paci (all 6 of them) & also her Aden & Anais swaddle blankets. She spends more and more time hanging out in her 4moms Mamaroo and sleeps all night in her moses basket. We have the Boba Wrap but at this point neither of us are big fans of it. I'm looking forward to her fitting in the Ergo. We also have a phone app called Sound Sleeper that we couldn't live without right now. She sleeps so well when we put our phones in her basket or carseat and just let her listen to the "womb" sound.

Crying: She has her moments, but for the most part just cries when she needs something. Well actually, it's always when she needs something but she freaks out when she doesn't get what she wants fast enough. We were in Starbucks the other day and she was in her carseat/stroller & she was hungry but we were in line so she had to wait a few minutes (she woke up while we were in line and literally started screaming). She was screaming at the top of her lungs. That's happened one other time and that's it so we really can't complain here. When she does get frustrated, she goes all crazy with her hands and sometimes even pulls her hair. Poor girl has no hand control. She likes to soothe herself by touching her hair and then she'll get mad and grab it and then she'll scream because she doesn't know how to let go.

Likes: Paci, being swaddled, being held, eating, & most of all she loves getting her hair washed under the faucet in the sink.

Dislikes: Being hot, the Boba Wrap & getting strapped into her car seat (she's fine once it's all clicked, but hates us getting her in -- cue crying).

Postpartum: I am feeling good. Started teaching again on September 3rd and other than it being hard to be away from her, it felt good. I still get pretty emotional, especially when it comes to her growing so much. I'm exhausted most of the time which doesn't help the mood swings either. I'm not 100% comfortable with my body right now but I know once I start dancing full force again that it will be back to normal. Just wishing my hips were how they used to be so I could fit in my clothes. I gave all my pants and shorts that I owned away to one of my dance kids because it's a lost cause to ever fit in a size 2 again.

Milestones: On September 2nd, she found her thumb. She had it in her mouth for a good 5 minutes just sucking away. The only downside to that is that now that she knows she has it, she gets super frustrated trying to get her thumb to her mouth. We try to help her but usually she gets too mad for that to work because her hands start going everywhere. Hopefully, she'll be able to control those hands a bit more soon so she can have her thumb instead of the paci. This morning she found it again for about a minute and her other hand was rubbing her hair. It was the cutest thing. I hope that's what she does, suck her thumb while she plays with her hair. Seriously...could she be any cuter?

At this point, everything she does is a milestone. Everything is so new. We've said "Aw, this is her first...." so many times.

The amount of love we have for Lilly Belle is beyond explanation. I keep wanting to write a post about it but every time I go to sit down to write it, I have no words. Truly, it's something I cannot explain. I guess that's how I'd explain it. I love her so much that no words do it justice. Matt is head over heels in love with his little girl and she is definitely a daddy's girl already. He's always giving her kisses and snuggling with her. It's the best. This has by far been the best month of our lives. We are beyond exhausted but we are so in love with our Lilly Belle that it doesn't matter. Everything is just a season. We are just soaking this all up. I don't want to miss a second of it or forget a second of it. Life is everything I've ever wanted it to be right now and more. Could not be any happier.

1 comment: