Saturday, August 10, 2013

Days Before Lilly's BIrth...

I wrote these all out the days leading up to Lilly's birth. It was helpful for me to write it all out, I felt better about all my contractions. Funny to read Saturday's posts now knowing she decided to come into the world that night...


Wednesday, July 31st 2013

1:19am timed my first contraction. Started at 8 min apart and then quickly shortened down to 4:30 min apart. Timed them for 2 hours and then stopped as they weren't painful enough. Matt and I decided to go back and lay down (Matt to sleep - me just to chill) to see if they continue. Had to go pee every 20-30 minutes. Tried super hard to not get excited as I didn't want to feel how I felt this past weekend with the disappointment of it all stopping.

4:00am pretty sure the contractions have stopped. I just felt one but not as painful as they were. I could sleep through it if I wanted now. Little bummed. We can go for a walk in the morning, maybe that will help them come back...

9:30am woke up. Went to camp and danced. Played Dance Central. Ate Thai food for lunch. Went for a short morning walk.

Having contractions all day... No patterns. Some with cramping and pain, some just tight. Exhausted from being up all night last night. Also have a kink in my neck/shoulder from sleeping weird. Great... Knowing my luck, she will come now (which is exactly what I've been wanting) but I'm going to be exhausted with unnecessary additional pain.

Thursday, August 1st 2013

Decided to try to not try today. Told that to Matt the second I woke up this morning actually. I'm in so much pain as it is with my back, hips and pelvis. Walking and everything is just hard. We did end up going for a walk this evening, but just a short one, probably around a mile. We had lunch at Costco and ran some errands to the studio and Target, but other than that, we've just chilled here all day.

I've had contractions on and off all throughout the day. Around dinner time they got painful in my lower back, more like pressure. I was going to start timing them, but then decided I didn't feel like it because they didn't hurt enough anyway.

We have just 12 hours until our 38 week appointment. I'm a little nervous to hear whether I've progressed or not. I don't want to be disappointed if I'm still at a 2 and 70% effaced. I'm hoping that I'm at least at a 3 and 70% effaced or a 2 and 80% effaced. Any progress will make me happy at this point.

Still have the annoying kink in my neck/shoulder. Causing some serious pain. It is better than yesterday, so I'm hoping it's gone even more tomorrow. It would really suck to go into labor with this pain on top of everything else.

Friday, August 2nd 2013

8:50am 38 week Appointment. Membranes stripped. Cramping with contractions until around 3pm. Went to breakfast with Matt at The Sammamish Cafe and then we relaxed at home for a bit as I was in a ton of pain (handled well, just not feeling like running around everywhere). It was also raining all day. Around 2pm we went and walked around at the outlets and then by the time we got home everything was done. I went to my friend Casie's house and hung out with her and Jessica until around 9pm. I was exhausted from the day when I got home... I was so glad to have gone over there at night to keep my mind busy while Matt studied for his final.

Saturday, August 3rd 2013

5:00am Woke up from an awful contraction. I thought I was having "real" contractions before...man, this one hurt. I loved it. Then fell back asleep.

7:12am Woke up from another one. This time I decided to stay awake. Matt was already up studying for his final. They kept coming crazy strong all morning. Enough to stop me from what I was doing each time. I stayed busy all morning to make sure they kept coming. They got to 4 min. apart at one point but then started fading again. Last one was at 10:05am. Decided to be okay with them stopping and rest for a while.

11:00am Took Cogsy for an hour long brisk walk when Matt left for his exam, hoping they would come back...they didn't come back strong, just as uncomfortable Braxton Hicks around every 20 minutes. Time to move on with the weekend. She's definitely not coming anytime soon. I'm not going to get my hopes up anymore. Just going to have fun with Matt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(written August 10th)
8:30pm same day...water broke. Birth story coming soon


No comments:

Post a Comment