Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Husband the Chef (Tons of Recipes!)

Matt has been a cooking machine and I have been having a blast eating all the deliciousness he's been cooking up! Here are some of the recipes he's made recently and some that we have on the menu for tonight & this week. And now, my mouth is watering...

Here is what we will be nomming on tomorrow night...

Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce

I can't wait to try these. The sauce looks delicious and we have both been craving some shrimp. Yum!

The other night, Matt made Shrimp Caesar Salad for dinner. Summer is in the air and we love seafood in the summertime. He made up the recipe as he went. He's such an amazing home cook! I so appreciate it. (So does Lillian!) I keep telling Matt how this kid doesn't even know how she's so got it made...

Matt's Shrimp Caesar Salad
-Romaine Lettuce
-Caesar Dressing
-Diced Tomatoes
-Cooked Shrimp
-Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Cook the shrimp (Matt said he pan fried them with EVOO but ideally he would have liked to have barbecued them). Then he chopped the lettuce, diced the tomatoes and then mixed it all together with the shrimp, dressing and cheese as well. Mmm! Delicious, light & fresh.

He is also a stud and makes his own croutons...I am not 100% how he does it but they're always seasoned and delicious. He's so cool :) Instagram is why this photo looks like the shrimp are so so pink.

Tonight we are having this Tomato Basil Chicken.
Again, pretty light but I still get my pasta fix. We are having salad on the side as well. I will be having my salad with a delicious lemon vinaigrette that Marie gave to me. Yum!


A few nights ago Matt made another light pasta dish that I was just dying over. Oh my goodness I could have him make this everyday and be totally happy. My favorite one he's made in a long time. I have been telling him this often lately, but this one was definitely by far my #1 pick so far. I would like it again next week :)

Zucchini & Tomato Pasta with Lemon-Yogurt Sauce

Another one that I've loved recently is this Tomato Soup he made for me with grilled cheese sandwiches on the side. He made it after I worked a seriously long day and there could have been nothing more cozy to come home to. I had it for lunch the next day, too. Matt liked it a lot too but wished he would have put it in the food processor so the tomatoes weren't chunky. I liked it that way.


I have not been a big pork chop fan lately, but Matt loves them. We compromised the other night with this Pioneer Woman recipe. We watch her show all the time. Matt loves her show so I knew he would want to try this recipe when I found it on her website.

After he made this (along with roasted asparagus, mashed potatoes and an asian salad) I was so impressed. He had to reduce the wine sauce and it was all fancy and he nailed it. He told me that this is definitely the recipe he is most proud of. (My favorite is still that lemon-yogurt pasta...shhh!)

Pork Chops with Garlic & Wine Sauce

While we were in Seabrook I decided to help a little with the cooking as well and made these
Spring Rolls. We will for sure be making these again. Once I got the hang of it, they were pretty easy. We could not find egg roll wrappers so I had to use phillo dough *spelling?*. It was so flaky and kept breaking but I just used tons so they stayed together :)

Homemade Baked Spring Rolls
{I'm a cheater and used her photo instead because mine looks fat and round instead of skinny and roll shaped..oops!}

Yesterday Katie and I made these adorable Hamburger Cookies for my team kids banquet last night. I am regretting making so many extras because I've been eating them all day. Oops!
{This one is my photo!} ; )

We are loving Pinterest for recipes. Every morning or sometimes afternoon Matt asks me to email him the recipe I want for the night and he goes out to the grocery store to buy everything and then comes home and makes it while I'm teaching at night. It's pretty awesome.

Matt's cooking dinner right now and it smells so good! I'm just chillin' in the glider blogging away. Next I'm going to Pioneer Woman's website for some recipes for the week. So fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment