Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fiesta Casserole = YUM!

Last night the plan was to make Veggie Enchiladas
Well...after looking at the recipe as I was about to make it, I was missing a few things SO...
I got creative, closed the Macbook, pulled a bunch of things from the fridge and created--

Fiesta Casserole


1 pack 8in flour tortillas
1 lb. ground beef
1 container Trader Joe's Fresh Salsa
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
Baby spinach
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (to your liking)
1 bag frozen bell peppers (mixed bag from Trader Joe's)
1/2 of a yellow onion (chopped)
one clove of garlic (minced)
1 can mild enchilada sauce
garlic powder (a few shakes)
salt and pepper (to taste)
**I put in a few shakes of Knorr Caldo de Tomate** 
(you could use another spice like Cumin)


1. Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with a bit of cooking spray
2. Brown the ground beef, drain then add spices
3. Now you can add salsa, corn, peppers, onion and garlic to the meat
(I used the juice from the salsa in there too, not all of it though)
4.While the meat mixture is warming up and the peppers are cooking, pour enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of your casserole dish. 
5. When the meat mixture is done (good and warm) you can fill your tortillas.
6. In each tortilla put in baby spinach, then cheese and then the meat mixture. Roll up and put in dish.
7. You should be able to fit almost all the tortillas in your dish, its good to squeeze them all in.
8. Now cover the top of the tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce and the rest of the cheese.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
10. Bake an additional 5 minutes without the foil.
ENJOY

That's it. So good! I just had the leftovers for lunch...mmmm!! (I never eat leftovers)
I'm proud :) I hope you like it!

Happy Tuesday Everyone :)
Time to take Cogsy to the vet for a check-up, he's super stinky lately so I'm hoping for solutions lol.

Xoxo,



2 comments:

  1. YUM!! My husbands family always does Mexican food for Christmas. I'll have to share this recipe with them :) Loving the new blog header, Chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jena! I'm a little Christmas-ed out lol and our tree is already dead, ha! Looking at all the pretty trees in the picture was annoying lol.

    ReplyDelete