Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day Full of Yum!

Today started out just like all other Saturdays.
I taught 3 classes this morning. Today was extra awesome though because I it was costume day and all the girls were so excited to get their recital tutu's. Our recital is on December 9th and I'm starting to get really excited about this one. {It will be the first that my Mom gets to see! It's crazy to me that my family who has supported this life long dream of mine as if it were there own have not been able to see one yet. I'll probably cry. Actually, she will. It will be so special!}
Anyways, when I got home, I knew what I was walking into...
Saturday's are College Football Days here in the Lanese Home. Basically I lose my husband for one whole day each week. So, like today, I always use Saturday as my girly day. Today I decided I felt like cooking and baking... a lot! 

Lunch today was crazy yummy! 
Gourmet Grilled Cheese {Inspired from this blog
Matt said it was the perfect football food and loved it  scarfed it down!



Gourmet Grilled Cheese {made up by: Chelsea}
Fresh Sourdough Bread
Italian Seasoning
Butter
Pepperjack Cheese Slices
Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
Bacon
Diced Tomatos

Spread butter on one side of one slice of bread and season with Italian Seasoning.
Put a little butter on the griddle and then sprinkle Italian Blend Cheese onto that butter 
(yes, right on the griddle).
Place buttered piece of bread (butter side down) onto that cheese pile so the cheese will melt onto bread.
Put 2 slices of Pepperjack cheese onto the bread that's on the griddle.
Top with diced tomatoes and 3 strips of bacon.
Place another piece of bread on top.
Butter the top of the sandwich and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
On the griddle, next to the sandwich, sprinkle more Italian blend cheese.
Flip the sandwich (be careful, it will fall apart if the cheese isn't melted enough) onto the cheese pile.
Fry until the cheese is browned to your liking on both sides.

Enjoy! We ate ours with IBC Rootbeers :) 
{I do not have a future in recipe writing lol, that seems like an awfully long recipe for how easy it was to make}

After lunch, Cogsy was begging to go outside and I also was begging Matt to come with us for a walk. So, he left his beloved football for a while (during the Cal Game, whoa!) and we had fun watching Cogsy enjoy the leaves. Then I asked Matt for a photoshoot, hehe. 

{"Um, Mom. Those leaves are a little scary, please stop."}


After our little mini adventure. It was time to make the Pull-Apart Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread!
I had been wanting to make this bread for a while now. I found the recipe on Pinterest. Here it is.


I am sucker for Pumpkin Bread. This coming from the girl who buys and eats Pumpkin Bread from Starbucks at least 3x's a week. I really should just make it {boy, that's a lot of money}.
Anyways, it's still in the oven. This was quite the project. Lots of kneading then waiting...started at 5:00pm...it's now 8:30pm and it has 3:00 min. on the clock. I'll let you know how it is at the end of this post with my own photos tomorrow.

For dinner, I decided to make yet another Pinterest recipe. It was pretty yummy. Matt liked it more than I did. Chicken Broccoli Supreme!


Next time for this recipe, one less sleeve of Ritz crackers, and 1 more lb. of broccoli. Yum! 

Ok...bread is done....BEST. THING. EVER! So worth all that work! I'm going to make this to bring to Thanksgiving :) It is so good! Just enough pumpkin where I can taste it and the right amount of a hint of pumpkin where Matt actually likes it. I'm so pleased with my baking skills right now. Hehe. I've never made anything before actually using active dry yeast and having to wait for it to rise and everything...Yay!!!! I'm so proud, and going to have seconds!

Off to the movies with Matt now. Yay, I have my husband back. (It's 8:42pm) Going to see 
Puss in Boots!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. All of the things you made look amazingly delicous!!! I really want to make those pull apart bread...it sounds as good as monkey bread! Great job baking all of that! Cute pics of you and your puppy. Hope the movie was fun! Happy Halloween weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT DAY!!!! As I was reading about your recital, I started to cry! YEP! I'm emotional when it comes to my kids! You're right, I WILL cry at your recital! This has been your dream since you were about 9 years old! I have watched your dream become ALIVE and I can't WAIT to see this recital!!! LOVE YOU PUNKY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mindee! I've never had Monkey bread...that may be my next mission now ; )

    ReplyDelete