Monday, May 28, 2012

What a Wonderful Weekend!

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We spent lots of time with family and friends and lots of time together just relaxing and enjoying the time "off". 

Saturday was our big hike to Rattlesnake Ledge and that night Katie called and invited us over for dinner. We had such a great time over there with her parents and their friends. We played ladder ball, ate yummy tacos, had some good laughs and ended the night with drinks and Apples to Apples.

I spent 1.5 hours in Ben Franklin (I love that store!) and found some great ideas for Mel's Bridal Shower and picked up a few crafts that I wanted to make from Pinterest. 

One of them, I am so excited about...my new make-up brush organizer!

I made some delicious S'mores Campfire Cookies...mmmm mmm Mm! They got demolished at Chris & Katies :)


Yesterday we had a yummy breakfast at Lance & Marie's for the weigh-in and good family time. Matt is at 13 lbs lost. I'm so so proud of him! He is feeling so good about himself and it makes me so happy to see him feeling like this. His confidence has already shot up and I can only imagine how he'll feel if he makes his goal. I'm really proud of him. 
We had fun driving around to model homes with Mel & Lance yesterday so Mel could look at paint colors for their new house which now has some walls up, yay!! She got some great ideas and we got to see the houses we love again. It was super fun :) 

We went and worked out this morning and then went to a matinee this afternoon with Lance & Marie. After we went to Seattle to see the Disney Wonder take off on it's Maiden Voyage from Seattle! It. Was. Awesome! Speaking of...exciting news coming soon :)



We finished the weekend watching The Bachelorette and having some awesome deep conversations...not about The Bachelorette ; ) I loved this weekend but am excited for this week too.

I am hiring lots of teachers this week and am starting those interviews tomorrow morning. Friday we get to go to the studio with the woman who is sub-leasing it to us so we can decide what will stay and what will go. We're also chaperoning a dance & going on another hike this weekend. Can't wait!!!

I am very much enjoying life right now and am just grateful for everything we have and everyone we have. Life is way too short. 

1 comment: