Thursday, February 28, 2013

16 Weeks!


How Far Along? 16 Weeks

How Big is Baby?  Our ultrasound says 6" from head to rump. 

Total Weight Gain: Our scale says 16 lbs, but at the hospital my total weight gain is just 9 lbs. Hmm??

Maternity Clothes? Shirts are like half/half. None of my bras fit me anymore. I also had to put about half of my dance clothes away yesterday :(

Stretch Marks? Nope, not yet.

Sleep: Horrible still. I'd say it's worse. Wake up almost every night around 2-3am and then am up until 6am and then sleep again until 8:30am. Sounds like we already have the baby here huh? Last night was amazing though, slept from 10:00pm to 8:00am and didn't wake up once. *best. thing. ever!*

Best Moment this Week: Our appointment and seeing our sweet little bean!

Miss Anything: Matt ate a bunch of deli meat in front of me this week and I was so jealous. He made it on fancy bread all toasted and cheesy :( 

Movement: I can finally answer yes to this one! I feel lots of little bubbles. Two nights ago, while I was up in the middle of the night, around 5am Matt came out, too. We were just chillin' on the couch watching tv when all of a sudden, bubble attack! From the outside too! I grabbed Matt's hand and we were both laughing so hard, too funny! Lori said I'd be able to feel on the outside sooner than normal because I started out pretty teeny. 

Food Cravings: Nothing really this week. Just wanting food I can't have still, deli meat...tuna.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really queasy, but I did puke for the first time. All from gagging while brushing my teeth. I finished eating my breakfast like 30 seconds before...probably had something to do with it. Really wasn't fun though. Puking is one of my biggest fears, so there were some tears. Matt rubbed my back the whole time. I think I just had a lot of nerves too because it was right as we were leaving for our appointment and I knew there was a chance of finding out the gender.

Gender: We know but we're not telling until our 20 week anatomy scan on April 1st so we're 100% sure! Our midwife told us if she were to bet, she'd bet it's a................ She also said, "I have been doing this for quite a while.." ; ) We're very excited. 

Symptoms:  I just have some round ligament pain and trouble sleeping. Other than that, I feel great. Just really tired. This week it's more than before I feel like.  

Looking Forward to: My parents ordered our crib and it will be here in about a week. I can't wait to see it in the nursery! I've also ordered a bajillion things from Zulily and Carter's and can't wait for that all to arrive! Especially my sleep pillow :)

4 comments:

  1. I love that I am only a few days behind you on this pregnancy journey! (I'll be 16 weeks on Monday) It's good to read things and think.. "Oh I totally get that!"

    Yay for feeling movement! I've had a couple of moments where I *think* I've felt the baby but I'm not sure :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo that's exciting, Liane! We'll be feeling full on kicks in no time.

      Delete
  2. How exciting! :) Well, not the throwing up part...but all of the rest!

    ReplyDelete