Friday, July 5, 2013

33 & 34 Weeks!


Oh man, time is just getting away from me. Welcome to parenthood? In 2.5 months, we'll have a 1 month old and that makes me want to cry. She's going to grow up too fast. (Never grow up, Lilly Belle).

I have my 33 week update posted below this one. I filled out most of the questions last week, just never got around to finishing it or taking my bump shot. Oops!

Happy 4th of July!!

How Far Along?  34 Weeks!

How Big is Baby? Right on track. Not sure how big that means she is, but I'm fine with "right on track." 

Total Weight Gain: 38.8 lbs.

Maternity Clothes? Always.

Stretch Marks?  Still do not have any yet :)

Sleep:  Discovered that if I sleep with the fan on, the white noise helps me sleep. I've been sleeping like a rock the past three nights. Crossing my fingers this isn't a fluke and that I can catch up on some sleep before little miss arrives. (eh. wrong. tossed and turned all night, up at 4am for the day today. oh well at least I got 3 awesome nights in!!!)

Best Moment this Week: We started our birthing class on Tuesday. It is 6 weeks long and every Tuesday night for 2.5 hours. So crazy, one of Matt's friends from high school and his wife are in our class...at our table. They are due just 3 weeks behind us. They're so nice and it was great for Matt to feel way more comfortable having another familiar face in class with us. It would be fun to spend more time with them! Class was awesome and with 1 down and 5 to go, I already feel a little better. My big question while we were there lol..."Can she break my pelvis while coming out? After watching your demonstration with that baby doll and model pelvis...I think she might...!" (No, she cannot break my pelvis, and my pubic symphasis pain will apparently disappear the more she comes through the birth canal. (Finding that hard to believe...I imagine it is going to burn with intense pain because that is how it already feels) We shall see...

Miss Anything: Nope. At this point I am trying to soak it all up. My sister-in-law gave me the advice to take a moment to soak it all in before she comes out. Well, I've been thinking about that and now have been soaking in every kick (painful or not) and ever hiccup to try to remember this time I have with Lilly. Matt made a crazy point last night that he's nervous to cut the umbilical cord because that is the official separation of Lilly from me. He's right, never thought of it that way. From that moment on, she is not 100% reliant on me, Matt and I are equal at the moment in time. Crazy to think about and really awesome at the same time because he is going to be one hell of a dad!

Movement: Still so strong. : ) Our little ninja baby. Soccer player?? We would both love to be soccer parents!

Food Cravings: New one...pineapple with meat. Like cheeseburgers with grilled pineapple, pork with pineapple, last night we had steak and I wished it was with pineapple. Weird lol.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope 

Gender: Baby girl :) 

Symptoms: I don't even like writing about this anymore. Still the same pains. We're so close to meeting her now though that I just take my Tylenol, put ice on my back and just try to actually soak it in. I am always in constant pain. It doesn't change. Nothing new, just lots of pain. It's okay though. So so worth it! And we're so close now that mentally the pain is becoming more manageable.

Sad one...had to take my rings off because my fingers are so swollen in this heat :( I am wearing my band on a necklace. I'm too nervous to wear my engagement ring on my band because its heavy and has tons of diamonds. They're both irreplaceable (literally) so I'm just wearing my wedding band on the necklace because it's light and little and I know it's safe. I keep going to play with my rings and they're not on and it feels weird. I am glad I have the band on my necklace though. I realized I have a nervous habit of spinning my rings, so during labor I'm going to instinctually reach for my ring. It will be good to have it close to me.

Looking Forward to: Meeting our sweet darling girl!!! Ah, I'm just getting so impatient. Up until a few days ago, I wanted her to come early, but now that we're at 34 weeks, I just want her to grow and grow.




33 WEEK UPDATE (last week)

How Far Along?  33 Weeks!

How Big is Baby? 

Total Weight Gain: Around 36 lbs.

Maternity Clothes? Always.

Stretch Marks?  None yet :)

Sleep:  Hit or miss still. Last night I fell asleep by 9:30pm (too early) and then was up at 11:15pm (Matt hadn't even went to bed yet) and I was having a really hard time breathing. Eventually Matt calmed me down and I fell back asleep. I hate the night. 

Best Moment this Week: We had our hospital tour on Tuesday. It was so surreal to be standing in one of the birthing suites (which btw are incredible!). We learned a lot. I was really excited to find out that after she is born, they really push skin to skin and don't do any measuring or shots or baths or anything until I've had about and hour or two of skin to skin with her. We also use that time to get help with nursing. After that is when we will have our family come on in to meet our sweet Lilly Belle. The hospital actually prefers it this way so that Matt and I have time to take it all in and adjust for a bit to the fact that we are holding our baby girl and are now parents. The hospital is just about 2 years old and the room we will be in is huge! Our tub is so nice and has 6 jets that I can adjust to my liking. It made me so excited and nervous at the same time. Matt even asked questions (even though we were with about 6 other couples). His questions were of course all about the technology (can we hook up her iHome?..she is really going to need her music!) It was sweet of him and made me really happy :)

Miss Anything: Dancing. I've been at dance camp all week (I'm here now actually) and I just sit in my chair and watch it all happen. It's frustrating not being able to teach them. They're so cute :) 

Movement: She is so strong! She has been doing this new thing where she balls up all tight and then bam! throws a punch or a kick. I can feel when it's about to happen and have to brace myself. She was doing it last night when I was up not being able to breathe and I was crying just asking her to stop. It actually hurts. Its something I'm going to talk to our midwife about next week because it makes me worried that she gets all tight like that. It makes me feel like I've been stressing her out and she's just already a mini me in there getting all claustrophobic. It's going to be interesting to see what her personality is like. In my opinion...she's going to be feisty (like me)...uh oh...Still hoping she's calm like Matt though. 

Food Cravings: None really anymore.

Anything making you queasy or sick: When she rolls. She doesn't do it that much anymore but I think that's because she's running out of room a lot. 

Gender: Baby girl :) 

Symptoms: My pubic symphosis is still messed up but I've been going to the chiropractor and it's helped me immensely! My pain has gone from like a 10 to like a 5 in the past week. I've only went 4 times and already it's made a huge difference. My whole right side is all twisted and tight. Starting in my lower back and going to my hips and pelvis. They do this thing where I have to lay on my back and squeeze my knees together and they hold my knees and pull them apart super hard and my pelvis pops into place. It hurts a little when they do it but then after I can walk and feel a bit more normal for a day or two. Each time, it's gotten better and better.

I also am starting to have a hard time breathing. Our apartment got really hot last night and it was really hard. It's been raining all week and the room we have camp in is super humid and small. 

1 comment: