Sunday, July 14, 2013

Home Stretch Labor & Preparation Lists!

We are officially just ONE month from our due date!
That means that I am eight months pregnant. Holy cow!

I am taking this week off just as a week to relax and nest. I am feeling so good about being able to accomplish a lot while I still feel like I somewhat can. Tonight I made our final checklists and I thought it would be fun to write them here to remember and maybe help others when the time comes. (Or to look back on for next time!)

HOSPITAL BAG LAST MINUTE GRAB LIST
{note: we have already purchased and packed many travel size items so those are not included}
*Toothbrushes 
*Hair Brush
*Blowdryer
*Makeup
*Phones
*Phone Chargers
*Matt's Hair Gel
*Camera Battery Charger
*Camera
*Matt's Razor and Shaving Cream
*Diaper Bag
*Matt's Bag
*My Laptop & Charger
*Both of our wallets
*Boppy Pillow
*Auxiliary Cord for my music

BEFORE WE HEAD TO THE HOSPITAL TO DO LIST
{note: I do realize that some of these are wishful thinking but being as I'm going at this natural, if any of the little beginning ones stop me from doing this list...I'm in for a hell of a time.}
*Feed Cogsworth & give him water (Matt)
*Take Cogsworth out (Matt)
*Tidy up apartment -- make sure it looks ready to come home to. Ex. no dishes in sink or laundry in wash machine (Both)
*Make our bed (Matt)
*Vacuum one last time (Matt)
*Close blinds (Chelsea)
*Grab spare key so family can help let Cogsworth out while we're at the hospital (Matt)
*Call parents to let them know it's started! (Both)
*Take one last bump picture (Both)
*Shower...Hair...Make Up (Me) -- the wishful thinking part. I really want to be able to do this so I feel somewhat beautiful looking back at the professional photos we're having taken during labor & delivery. Matt may have to jump in withe me if the contractions are hurting me too bad so that I don't fall or anything crazy.

BEFORE THE BIG DAY TO DO LIST 
{Last minute stuff on our list}
*Finish getting Lilly's Baby Book up to date
*Clean all pictures off of my computer on to our external hard drive
*De-clutter and clean out our "nook"
*Deep clean apartment (I'm talking scrubbing base boards & dusting out vents deep)
*Get our vacuum fixed (thanks Cogsworth)
*Finish reading all my parenting books
*Install her carseat
*Order final items we need that we didn't get from our showers (just a few more things)
*Finish packing my hospital bag (nursing tanks, clothes to wear home, cozy clothes to wear there)
*Clean out our car & get a car wash
*Give Cogsy a bath, brush him, clean his ears & get his nails cut
*Create list of who to call and text at what times

I'd say with 4ish weeks left, that we're in a pretty good place right now. 
Lilly's bag is packed and ready. My bag is almost all the way packed. Matt hasn't packed yet but that's all him :) I'm feeling good & ready right now! 



2 comments: