Friday, July 5, 2013

Lanese Family Sunriver Trip 2013

Saturday, May 25th - Day 1

We arrived in Sunriver on Saturday at 12:30pm. We made great time as we left at 6:15am. We stopped just once for breakfast. It was so fun pulling into the resort again. So many good memories from our honeymoon flooded back. We found the house and Matt's Dad was there and showed us all around. Marie was at the spa :) The house we are staying in is a good size, which is good because there are 11 of us. 8 adults and 3 kids. 

Matt and I checked out the new pool area and I cannot wait to go explore and swim there. 
We ate lunch at the Brewhouse in the village for lunch. I had the yummiest Pulled BBQ sandwich and Matt had a Chicken BLT. We got some more yummies at the country store and then the rest of the day we hung out at the house and just relaxed. We can see the golfers tee off right in the backyard so Marie and I had our comfy chairs pulled up to the window and sat there for a long time just watching them. 

Chris, Megan & the kids got here around 5pm and we did some more hanging out. 

It was a good first day. 8 more to go! : )

Sunday, May 26th - Day 2

We woke up pretty early (around 6:30) and relaxed all morning. Marie made us banana pancakes, some shaped like Mickey Mouse. Then we did some major chilling. Matt and Marie went for a run and I hung out here at the house with Lance. Chris & Megan rented bikes and took the kids out for a super long bike ride.

We took a walk around the village. I can't go very far walking because of my leg pain but it was nice to get out and walk around. We were so close to buying way too many toys for Lilly at the toy store.
After our walk, Matt made me a yummy lunch and we ate out on the deck. I made myself a Strawberry-Basil Lemonade mocktail from a recipe I found on Pinterest.

After lunch, Matt and I went swimming at SHARC. It was the last day for their indoor pool to be open because they have closed it for maintenance. The pool was pretty awesome. I wish that it was open the whole time we're here. The outdoor pools and slides are still open but it's pretty cold out here (and raining).

We came home and the kiddos had dinner and then we went back again with everyone. Matt and I didn't swim when we went back, but it was fun to chill and watch the kids swim.

Monday, May 27th - Day 3

We woke up pretty early again and did some serious relaxing. I don't remember the last time that I've done this much of nothing. With my leg being hurt and being pregnant, I'm super limited to what I'm able to do while we are here. The indoor pool (our outdoor if it would be a bit warmer) were going to be my boredom buster while we're here, but I haven't really left the house much. It's kind of a strange feeling.

Megan and I went grocery shopping in the afternoon while the boys went whitewater rafting. After a quick lunch here at home, Marie treated Megan and I to get mani-pedi's! Again it was so relaxing.
It's good for me to be relaxing (Lilly's due date is just 78 days away now), but I suck at relaxing.

After we got back from the spa, we played with the kids and just hung out for a while. Then we all had dinner, everyone had wine and drinks (except Lance & I) and then went in the hot tub (I just stuck my legs in). It was a pretty entertaining night : )

Tuesday, May 28th - Day 4

Woke up at 7:30am today. It is now 11:15am and I'm still in my pajamas. Matt & Marie got bikes today. Lance, Clint & I are chillin' and Mel's here doing homework. Chris, Megan & the kids are also out on their bikes. I'm a little bummed that I can't go bike riding with Matt, but I keep reminding myself that soon Lilly will be here and my body will be back to normal and we'll have many more trips here to Sunriver when I can bike with him again.

When Matt got home from his bike ride, he took me for a drive and we went down to the marina and saw the horses a bit, too. I loved being able to go down there. We also went to the Lodge gift shop. Then my leg started hurting too much so we came back.
It was time to get ready for family pictures anyway.

I'm excited to see the pictures because I feel like there were some good ones.
We bribed the kids with ice cream the whole entire time, so we had to go to Goody's after...of course! Then we came home and played games, had a family talk and ate dinner...followed by more talking around the table.

It turned out to be a great day :)

Wednesday, May 29th - Day 5

I loved today.
I slept like crap last night so we woke up a little later today (8:30am). Had yummy blueberry pancakes for breakfast that Megan made. Then we just hung out a little this morning. I also watched Clare build a fabulous fairy house out of hair bows, clay and clear rubber bands (fairy dust).

Early this afternoon, Mel, Marie, Megan & Clint all went horseback riding. I really wanted to see the horses so Matt brought me down there, too. After they went out to ride Matt and I drove for a bit and ended up seeing some horses in a field. I asked him to pull over so I could look at them for a while. Then, one of the horses came right up to me and I was petting him. Made my day. After, while I was still on a high, Matt surprised me and drove us to the house we stayed at for our honeymoon. It was so awesome to drive back there and to see that and remember all of our amazing honeymoon memories. I loved our honeymoon here so much!

We came home and ate lunch and then Matt and Clint went out to get more supplies for their rockets. While they were gone I read "Superbaby" outside on the patio swing for a bit and then Marie and I went to the art gallery and grocery shopping for dinner.

Tonight was our night to make dinner for the family so Matt grilled pork chops and I made a mango salsa to go on top. We also had caesar salad and Marie got a yummy jalepeno cheese bread from the bakery. Dinner was delicious. Then Matt and I grilled marshmallows over the fireplace. Tomorrow I want to make real s'mores. Mmm!

Now we're all just chilling. Mel, Megan and I are all on laptops, Marie is sleeping and Lance, Matt & Clint are all talking sports and movies.

Another good day.

Thursday, May 30th - Day 6
I have no idea what we did in the morning/afternoon. I forgot to write.
Probably a whole lot of chillin' : )

In the late afternoon/evening, we went to the pool with Mel & Clint. The three of them went on the slides and I chilled in the lazy river for an hour and a half. It was pretty chilly outside, but we didn't mind. It was nice to just hang out together and have fun.

Friday, May 31st - Day 7
We slept later and hung around the house all morning. For lunch, I met up with Lance, Marie, Megan and the kids and we had a picnic lunch. Right after, I headed to the pool. Matt, Mel & Clint were biking. I guess they biked around 15 miles! I made a bad, bad mistake. I did not have sunscreen on. (It's Sunday night and I'm still paying for it). I sat in the afternoon sun at the pool for 2 hours before they all came to the pool. Then I put sunscreen on, but it was definitely too late. Then I stayed for another 2 1/2 hours.

By the time we got back to the house, I was in some major pain.
NOT good.

Saturday, June 1st - Day 8
I was burnt to a crisp. Ouch. Matt and I still went to breakfast together in the morning and I fought through the pain. We ate at Cafe Sintra which is the same place we had breakfast together on our honeymoon. It was nice to spend some alone time together.

After breakfast we came back to the house and just relaxed all afternoon.
We watched "Tangled" and I laid on the couch. My sunburn is so bad.

We went to lunch with Lance, Marie, Mel & Clint.

Later in the night, Matt and I went to Goody's together to have some ice mini-date : )

Sunday, June 2nd - Day 9
We packed up our cars in the morning and at 9:30am, Matt and I headed to Hot Lava Baking Co. in the Village to get breakfast. We had burritos and I got a chai. It turned out to be the same kind as I had on our Disney Cruise...mmm!!

Then we went to the t-shirt shop at 10am when they opened and got hoodies and I got sweatpants to match, too. I wear my honeymoon Sunriver apparel all the time, so it was fun to get new ones.

Then we drove to Olympia to see Lance & Marie's beach house! It's pretty awesome : )

After seeing the house, Matt and I went to dinner with Lance, Marie, Mel & Clint.

Now we are at home chilling with Cogsy. I unfortunately cannot cuddle with him because of my sunburn but he's getting lots of love from Matt and they're both pretty happy to be reunited.

It was a super long trip. For the most part, for me, it was pretty relaxing. I had no choice but to relax. Between my hip/leg pain, being almost 30 weeks pregnant and then having this sunburn...I was pretty much house-bound. Matt had some fun adventures biking and whitewater rafting and going on the water slides.

It is crazy that now our next huge exciting thing is Miss Lillian being born!

No comments:

Post a Comment