Friday, July 26, 2013

37 Weeks - Full Term!

{Forgot to take a photo by the barn so we decided it would be appropriate to take one in Lilly Belle's room instead...who knows, could be my last weekly photo!}

How Far Along?  37 Weeks! We are officially full-term ---- Hooray!!

How Big is Baby? Big.

Total Weight Gain: Too much.

Maternity Clothes? Always and most of my pants don't fit me anymore. I have 2 pairs of maternity pants that fit and then I just wear dresses and skirts everyday. Or Matt's basketball shorts. I could live in those.

Stretch Marks? Found a little one. Super disappointed. 

Sleep:  Hit or miss. That's to be expected now though.

Best Moment this Week: We are just enjoying all of our time together right now. The best part of the week was definitely celebrating Matt's birthday!

Miss Anything:  Nothing now that we're so close to meeting our sweet baby!

Movement:  Girlfriend is still jammin' away in there. Her sleep/awake patterns are becoming more apparent though which is really awesome to know. She is always very active around dinner time (6-8pm) and then again late (11pm-ish). The times during the day I haven't taken note of yet fully because I'm usually more active during the day but it's awesome to know when she'll be awake at night when she's out. So I know she sleeps from around 9-11pm -- good to know. 

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular anymore. Just hungry all the time.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Just leaning forward. Ew.

Gender:  Our sweet baby girl :)

Symptoms: Back pain & crazy swollen legs/feet/hands

Labor Signs: Tons of Braxton Hicks accompanied by cramping. (Update as of Friday morning 7/26) -- 2 cm / 50% effaced. Progress. Also pumped that getting checked didn't hurt me. I just keep on surprising myself in the pain department. Such a confidence booster. Having a few more labor signs but a few are TMI for the blog.

Looking Forward to: Lillian Belle's Birth Day! Which could technically be any day now. Especially after todays appointment and what happened following this afternoon. Let's just say I believe my appointment shook things up a bit :)

Things to Note: (Written on Monday 7/22) Called in and got called in to our midwife today after thinking my water broke (large leak). I have been having lots of braxton hicks contractions and had painful cramping last night on top of it. We decided it best to call and she said she was glad we came in to get it checked out. She had to do a not so comfortable exam (that once again I handled amazingly if I do say so myself). She told me what she was going to have to do and then explained that sometimes it's very uncomfortable for people and it's okay if I cry. At that point Matt came over by me and rubbed my head and held my hand as I closed my eyes and started to breathe. She did the exam and I didn't feel an ounce of pain. Her exact words when it was over were "I think you are stronger than you think you are..." Yet another boost of confidence before labor (thank you, Laura!) So...turned out that she was pretty concerned that my water had broke but it did not. After the exam and she told us it was not amniotic fluid, I was like, "Well, I'm glad, but a little bummed too." She said, "Don't be! If it was your water, I would have just had to admit and induce you! I didn't want to freak you out and tell you before." I do NOT want to be induced, so she's right, we were very relieved. I had a contraction while I was in there with her so I got to ask her to quick feel and tell me if it was one or not. It was. Which means, I've been having tons. She said to start taking note when they become painful and a bit more regular. Exciting!

(Written on Wednesday 7/24) Got yet another boost of confidence tonight at our Coping with Confidence - Labor Techniques class. I am just feeling so ready to do this naturally. At this point I cannot imagine doing this any other way. I feel so strong and empowered right now. I have no fear at this point. I had some cramping last night and a bit today and each time I only got more excited and kept saying, "Bring it!" Matt and I are going to be rockstars together. We got this. Tonight I'm going to work on my playlist. Decided tonight to mix in a little Macklemore & Aerosmith to my Jason Mraz/Norah Jones/Priscilla Ahn mix. No better time than labor to let my true self come out and I am a hip hop teacher after all...Macklemore and a few other of my gangsta buddies should do the trick. 

1 comment: