Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Learning Experience

I am now a quarter of the way through my second year of owning my dance program and boy have we learned a lot. I feel like everyday I am learning new things, in good and bad ways. I've made many mistakes and have done my best to fix things along the way. This is our first year of having a competitive team aside from the regular classes. I grew up on a National Champion dance team in WI and there was never a question of how serious the team was. I made the mistake of not setting the rules straight at the beginning of the season and I am starting to feel like some of the parents aren't taking it very seriously. Its going to take a lot of work to fix that. All I can do is plow through this season doing my best to explain what it means to be apart of this competitive team. Some parents acted "shocked" when I said we need another practice during the week {we only practice one day a week}....I practiced 2 days a week playing Recreational Soccer! 

{I'm so venting}

I'm just worried that the team isn't going to work. There are more than a handful of girls on the team who work hard and love it and have parents who are full-on with the team. I am thankful I have them. The only way this team will last is if I keep it strong and show my dedication. 

I now have an end date with my part-time nanny job {next Friday} so now I'll have more time again to be organized with my program. I feel so frustrated right now feeling like I never have enough time. I actually makes me sad that I feel that I'm not giving my all. I am giving all that I can, but it's still not enough because I need more time. My goal is that by Sunday I am all caught up and that all the parents are on the same page. 

No one said this was going to be easy. I love my job and my program. It is perfect for where I am in my life right now. I just need to get organized!!

{Ok, venting session is over.}

Time to go teach some Hip-Hop!

2 comments:

  1. You set those rules, girl!

    Thanks for your comment :) It's good to know that someone reads. Wish I could move near you & see your studio! I feel like we'd be good friends :)

    ReplyDelete