Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our First Married Holiday Season!!

The holidays are finally here! 
Matt and I have a crazy exciting weekend ahead of us. Really, our holiday starts today! 
(I'm printing this out to frame for the holidays!)
 The Grinch (Jim Carrey version) is my favorite Christmas movie. I will watch it probably like 10 x's in December! 

I am making our first turkey today! I started a little while ago (squealing along the way). 
We are going to celebrate our own little Thanksgiving tonight with our friend Katie :) I am so excited to get to make this big dinner! Matt's going to make the potatoes, and I'm making the turkey, stuffing and corn. (there's only thee of us, we don't need that much food).
I'm super excited about it though.
I will for sure have pictures of this for you tomorrow! 

For Thanksgiving Day we are going to Matt's brothers house along with Matt's parents. I am looking forward to a relaxing day with family and am excited to see our nieces and nephew! It will be a full day of Kinect Dinseyland and yummy food! I'm in charge of "Nuts and Bolts" and Matt's making the potatoes. I look forward to the day when we have kids and I can make a feast for Thanksgiving! : ) 
We are still debating on when we're going to head down there. I really don't want to miss watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, I've never missed it and they don't have tv there. 

On Friday, Matt and I are going to start the morning off with a yummy breakfast casserole and then head to the local Christmas Tree Farm to cut down our tree!! Neither of us have ever done this before and we're so pumped...and a little nervous. Should be funny seeing a huge tree on our little Honda Civic! After we get it home we're going to spend the day decorating, watching Christmas movies, having a fire and drinking hot chocolate. Then, we're off to The Muppets!! We've been so excited for this movie to come out, Eeeee this weekend's going to be the best ever.

Saturday is equally as fun! Matt and I bought tickets to go and see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Matt's never been and I love it. We're going to dress up and then go to dinner in the city! 

Sunday morning we might do our first After Turkey Day Trot 5-K at Magnuson Park in Seattle. I asked Matt about this a while ago but we haven't talked about it since. I really want to do it! I've never ran a 
5-K before, I don't think I've ever run that far in my life. Matt says he thinks I could do it. We'll see...
Sunday night we are doing one of our favorite Christmas traditions and heading to Bellevue for Snowflake Lane. They make it snow, have characters walking around, Christmas music and a Christmas drumming band. We love it! We might actually do this twice this year so my mom can see it too. 
Bellevue turns into mini-Disney for about 30 minutes and it's awesome!  

So there's that. I can't wait to post pictures from all of these events. Writing it out like this got me even more excited! We love Christmastime! I was scrapbooking our time living in Florida this morning and here's some pictures from our first Christmas together in 2008. I can't believe this will be our 4th Christmas together!! 

Merry Christmas! Love, Dale, Chelsea, Matt & Chip! 
hehe Matt looks so hot! 
(sorry Matt's family reading this, I can hear you making the barf noise, ha!)

(Oooo look how sunny!!!! Okay, maybe looking at these was a bad idea, Matt's not home and now I feel like crying *it's raining and dark here today, ew*)

Last day working at Disney World :(
Haha, that was seriously the funnest parade to be in ever! 
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade 2008
Being an elf, "Spritz", I had the freedom to act ridiculous and say funny things to the guests. My best friend at Disney and fellow elf and I would go up to guests and say, "OK! This is Elf Idol, tell us who's better!" and we would sing Jingle Bells as loud and as obnoxious as we could. Most thought it was funny and every now and then the guests would just look at us like we were so weird and then we would just laugh more. Haha, we used to find Matt in the crowd and yell, "Oh, LOOK everyone, It's MATT!" He loooooved that, not! Eee I love Christmas. I think I was probably meant to be an elf in real life. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment