Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Run, Run, Run!

Woo!
I feel awesome right now!

I just ran/walked 3.8 miles with an amazing playlist on my iPod helping me along the way. 
Doing the 5K on Sunday really showed me that I can do this. On Sunday after we left I had the feeling that I knew I could have ran more of it. It felt good running what we did then, but I knew I could do more. Yesterday at the gym I walked (fast) for 2 miles. 
(Matt made me stop because I hurt my knee and keep pushing through it anyways).
Last night when we got home, I told Matt, "tomorrow I'm going to run my own 5K through Klahanie!" 
Matt told me that it was the worst idea ever and he doesn't think I should do that...(again my stupid knee). 

Did I listen...ha, of course not! 
I ran, baby! I ran far! (and now I need ice...whatever.)

(Found on Pinterest.)

I ran the first 1.2 miles and then ran-walked the rest. 3.8 miles! Whenever I would start running again I would feel so proud and then I'd have to stop (stupid knee) and then be so pissed. I even said "damnit" out loud once when I stopped forgetting that just because I couldn't hear myself didn't mean that people around me couldn't, oops. I created my "Run Hard & Don't Stop!" playlist before I left and I'm glad I put a good variety of songs on there. The songs I thought I would want to hear were the exact ones I wanted to skip over...instead all I wanted was gangsta music and Aerosmith. I found myself listening to songs that I used to dance to growing up, here was today's list...just the ones I listened to.

1. Dude Looks Like a Lady - Aerosmith
(National Champion to this song)
2. Don't Phunk With My Heart - The Black Eyed Peas
(Once at a dance convention I was picked to dance on stage to this song)
3. Beautiful Day - U2
(No reason, but for those few minutes the sun was actually visable. It felt appropriate and I needed to walk.)
4. Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy
(Yes, my favorite store is Anthropologie but there is also a huge part of me that I have chosen to put away while in public that is a bit ghetto. I am a Hip Hop teacher people, are you that surprised? Growing up I always listened to hip hop. My dad grew up in the ghetto. I didn't, but I've been around hip hop from the day I was born. I still love it...a lot! Sometimes my "old Chelsea" comes out...which is when I get lots of eye rolls from Matt. I would be equally comfortable in a vintage dress and hat as I would be in some Nike high tops, baggy sweats and a high pony. There, secrets out. Anyways, once I heard this song I got super pumped and got another burst to run. Awesome and a little weird lol. If you haven't heard it...just YouTube it, it's kind of awesome and extremely fun to dance to. One day this summer I put on Matt's sweats and a bright pink sports bra and came out our room jamming to thing song. Matt actually joined in because we're cool like that) HA. Anyways....more on the list!
5. Dream On - Aerosmith
(I danced to this song performing at the Superbowl pre-game show in 2004. I was still running from "Pretty Boy Swag" and got pumped even more when this came on.)
6. If I Die Young - The Band Perry
(hit a huge hill...thought I might die. And, I love belting this song out. I was singing out loud while walking. No one was around...I think.)
7. Determinate - Lemonade Mouth (Disney Channel Original Movie)
(Fun song that my dance camp kids did this summer. I just really like it.)
8. More - Usher
(The words were motivating and I felt a little like "old Chelsea" again.)
9. Lose Control - Missy Elliot
(I warm my hip hop kids up to this song. It has a good beat and made me want to run.)
10. Fuego - Pitbull
(Ended my run with this one. We used to work out to when I worked at Disney. While training for Block Party Bash [an intense high energy parade] we had 6am rehearsals for 6-weeks and we would bust this out every morning. I will always love this song for that. Those 6 weeks were the craziest weeks of my life. I met Matt in week 5. Love.)

So there's that. 3.8 today. Tomorrow is a rest day for me (well, for running). I teach 4 classes on Wednesdays. Tonight I have 2 hip hop classes. How fitting. 

Matt won't blog, but I'm so proud of him so I'll write it!
He did the 5K on Sunday, walked 2 miles with me yesterday at the gym and is going to the gym again tonight while I'm at dance. Last night after the gym he said, "do you want to go get dessert?" Right away I said, "your kidding me right?!" He said, "I just want frozen fruit and yogurt!" WHAT?! Is this my husband? We usually get ice cream after the gym, ha! Fail. But this was awesome! We went to the grocery store and spent $30 on fruit and healthy snack stuff. I'm so so proud of him! He's got this! Already today he said he's feeling better and not so tired. This is just awesome! 

Alright, I need to go ice my knee. Oops.
TTFN,



3 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Great job on your 5k!! Arent they addiciting? Keep up the good work, youre awesome! {sorry about your knee.that is such a bummer!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! :) That's awesome. Your playlist sounds awesome. Can I add one? Britney Spears "Do you wanna piece of me?" is a super pump up song that I have to have on my PL! :) Keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! And that Britney Spears one IS good! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete